Date of Event: SUNDAY June 5, 2016 at 12:00 NOON
Location of Event: AGRI-LAND (in field)
Committee Chairperson: Natalie Pringle
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- All sheep must have national I.D. tags in place.
- This show is recognized as a purebred show.
- All short wool sheep must be washed and all breeds must be cleanly presented and of acceptable condition, subject to inspection by representatives of the Brooklin Spring Fair. Failure to pass will result in the immediate disqualification of the animal(s).
- All animals must be registered in the name of the exhibitor and properly identified by tattoo or acceptable tag.
- Exhibitors must produce pedigrees on request and may be randomly checked by a member of the sheep committee.
- All sheep will be subject to inspection for the presence of contagious and/or infectious diseases. All sheep deemed unfit by the committee will be disqualified and asked to leave the facilities.
- All exhibitors showing must be dressed in white shirts and black trousers while showing in the ring. All clothing shall not bear any letters, marks or labels purporting to reveal the identity of the exhibitors. No hats or caps are to be worn in the show ring.
- Exhibitors may show sheep on halters. In all classes two people may be permitted in the ring.
- No smoking will be allowed in the sheep ring.
- Sheep must be on the grounds and penned by 11:00AM
- Exhibits to remain on fairgrounds until 4:30PM
11 – Suffolk
12 – North County Cheviot
13 – Dorset
14 – Oxford
15 – All Other Breeds – Long-wool
16 – All Other Breeds – Short-wool
The following breeds must be shown in short fleece:
- Oxford Down
* All other breeds may be shown in short or full fleece.
1. Ewe – “Yearling” (Third pair of temporary incisors must be in place). Born and bred in Canada.
2. Ewe – (First pair of temporary incisors must be in place). Born the property of the exhibitor.
3. Ram – “Yearling” (Third pair of temporary incisor must be in place).
4. Ram – (First pair of temporary incisors must be in place). Born the property of the exhibitor.
5. Get of Sire – Born the property of the exhibitor. A group of three animals, full mouth milk teeth, by the same sire. Both sexes may be represented.
6. Breeders Flock – (bred and owned by the exhibitors). A group of four (4) animals. Both sexes to be represented. Each animal in the group must have been exhibited in one of the preceding classes. All animals in a group to be of one breed.
Classes not having at least two exhibitors in a section will be shown under “All other breeds” in the appropriate long-wool or short-wool category.
An exhibitor may enter and show two breeds of sheep from one household. An exhibitor may enter two animals per section in a maximum of two classes 1 – 4.
PRIZE MONEY IN CLASSES 1-4 AND 6:
1st $37.50, 2nd $27.50, 3rd $25.50, 4th $22, 5th $16.50, 6th $14, 7th $10.50
PRIZE MONEY IN CLASS 5:
1st $37.50 & 2nd $27.50
Entries must be received on or before May 31st, 2015
Please mail entries to:
P.O. Box 615
Email entries to: email@example.com or to request more information