Please note that Homecraft Books for 2016 will not be mailed unless requested. Printed books will be available at the drop-off locations. The Homecraft Book is also available online at www.brooklinspringfair.com
1. Entry forms may be submitted by:
Mail Entry forms to:
Brooklin Spring Fair: Homecraft Entry
Box 615 Brooklin, ON L1M 1B5
Online: Browse to your desired catagory, add items to your homecraft cart and proceed to checkout.
Drop off Entry forms at:
Brooklin Public Library, 8 Vipond Road
Whitby Public Library, 405 Dundas St.
Whitby Public Library, 701 Rossland Rd.
2. Early bird Entry form deadline is on Thursday March 24th, 2016 by e-mail, mail or drop off. Names will be entered in a random draw for a chance to win one of 5 one day passes.
3. All other Entry Forms must be received by e-mail, drop off or postmarked no later than Thursday April 14th, 2016 NO registrations will be accepted thereafter.
4. Entrants will have their exhibitor tags mailed to them compliments of the Brooklin Spring Fair.
5. All entries must be submitted on the printed Entry Form provided in the prize booklet or in the format displayed on the website. Entry forms can be photocopied if more space is required. Entry forms must be dated and signed by the exhibitor.
6. Entries are to be delivered to the Luther Vipond Arena (67 Winchester Rd. E.) either on Wednesday June 1st, 7:30 – 8:30PM and/or Thursday June 2nd, 8:00 – 11:00AM. THE ARENA DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AND LOCKED AT 11:00AM SHARP!
7. All work must be that of the exhibitor.
8. All exhibitors must be amateurs.
9. All exhibits must not have been previously shown at the Brooklin Spring Fair and will not be judged as a result.
10. No person shall enter more than one article per section.
11. Entry tags must be AFFIXED to the article before drop-off. The tag must be folded to conceal the exhibitor’s name.
12. Any questions pertaining to specific exhibits should be directed to the section chairperson.
13. Items will be judged in accordance to the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Judging Standards book or the Ontario Horticultural Judging Standards book.
14. Items entered will be judged at the Judge’s discretion based on merit and Judges are not obligated to award 1st prize in any class.
15. The Homecraft display area will be closed to the public on Thursday June 2nd from 11:00AM to 6:00PM.
16. Entries will be on display from Thursday June 2nd at 6:00PM until Sunday June 5th at 4:00PM.
17. Homecraft display area will be closed to the public on Sunday June 5th from 4:00 – 5:00PM.
18. While Homecraft is closed, exhibitors are asked to wait outside the exhibit area until display areas are accessible.
19. Exhibits must be picked up on Sunday June 5th from 5:00 – 6:00PM.
20. Claim numbers must be shown for release of exhibits.
21. Articles not claimed by 6:00PM on Sunday June 5th will be discarded.
22. The Society will not be responsible for any loss, damage to or accident to any person or property during the time of the Brooklin Spring Fair. Should any entry be accidentally damaged, lost or stolen, the Directors will give all the assistance in their power towards its recovery, but will not make any payment for the value thereof.
23. All prize money is donated by the Brooklin Spring Fair Agricultural Society unless otherwise stated.
24. Exhibitors, in classes where stated with the most points in a Class will be awarded a prize of either money, a gift or a gift certificate. Points are awarded as follows:
- 1st prize = 4 points
- 2nd prize = 3 points
- 3rd prize = 2 points
- 4th prize = 1 point.
If you have any questions about Homecraft please send us an E-mail at email@example.com