updated: March 5, 2013
Class 100 – QUILTS & QUILTING – OAAS Handmade Quilt Competition
To enter in this Homecraft section online – please add desired item(s) to cart and proceed to checkout.
Section Chairperson: Cheryl McLeod, 905-655-4964
OAAS Competition Rules:
1. Quilts must be solely made and quilted by an individual and exhibited and judged at a local Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Fair to be eligible for this competition.
2. Quilts to be measured on the perimeter. Total perimeter measurement to be a minimum of 192 inches or 480 cm. Smaller quilts will not be eligible to proceed to the next levels of competition.
3. Quilts must be hand quilted.
4. Judging will occur at local fairs and district levels (October 2013). A Provincial Grand Champion Quilt will be selected at the Annual Convention of OAAS, (February 2014).
5. The winning OAAS Champion Handmade Quilt will not be eligible to compete in any future District and/or Convention OAAS competition.
6. The winner’s name will be displayed on a sign provided by the OAAS.
7. Upon making entry into the OAAS Quilt competition, the exhibitor agrees to participate in any promotional activities related to the competition.
8. Include samples.
1st $25.00 2nd $20.00 3rd $15.00
Prize money ~ donated by BROOKLIN IDA PHARMACY ~
Prize-winning quilt must be available for:
District (October 2013) and Provincial (February 2014) competitions.
Grand Champion Prize $30.00
Additional 1st prize of Dinner for 4 at The Court at Brooklin
Reserve Grand Champion Prize $20.00
Prize money ~ donated by Young’s Water Systems ~
For a full list of Homecraft Rules please visit here.
If you have any questions about Homecraft please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org