Class 100 – QUILTS & QUILTING – OAAS Handmade Quilt Competition
To enter in this Homecraft section online – please add desired item(s) to cart and proceed to checkout.
Section Chairperson: Cheryl Flanders, 905-655-4188
OAAS Competition Rules:
1. Quilts must be solely made and quilted by an individual and exhibited and judged at a local Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Fair to be eligible for this competition.
2. Quilts to be measured on the perimeter. Total perimeter measurement to be a minimum of 192 inches or 487.7 cm. Smaller quilts will not be eligible to proceed to the next levels of competition.
3. Quilts must be hand quilted.
4. Judging will occur at local fairs and district levels (October 2016). A Provincial Grand Champion Quilt will be selected at the Annual Convention of OAAS, (February 2017).
5. The winning OAAS Champion Handmade Quilt will not be eligible to compete in any future District and/or Convention OAAS competition.
6. The winner’s name will be displayed on a sign provided by the OAAS.
7. Upon making entry into the OAAS Quilt competition, the exhibitor agrees to participate in any promotional activities related to the competition.
8. Include samples.
1st $25.00 2nd $20.00 3rd $15.00
Prize-winning quilt must be available for:
District (October 2016) and Provincial (February 2017) competitions.
Grand Champion Prize Donated by
WINCHESTER GOLD CLUB
Reserve Grand Champion Prize – A Gift Certificate Donated by
BROOKLIN PUB & GRILL
For a full list of Homecraft Rules please visit here.
If you have any questions about Homecraft please send us an e-mail at email@example.com