Updated: March 5, 2013
Class 1200 – HORTICULTURE
To enter in this Homecraft section online – please add desired item(s) to cart and proceed to checkout.
Committee Chair: Bev Elnor, 905-655-1070
General Class Rules:
1. Houseplants should be exhibited in their growing pots only. They must have been in the possession and care of the exhibitor for at least three months.
2. Exhibitors shall enter only one entry per section except in “any other class” where two entries are permitted.
3. Exhibitors must name plants on the front of the entry tag where stipulated.
4. All exhibits must not have been previously shown at the Brooklin Spring Fair.
5. Exhibitors may substitute floral/greenery material after being judged to maintain freshness. Please see security table beforehand.
6. Purchased flower may be used only for “designs”.
7. All floral specimens must be displayed in clear, uncoloured containers.
8. All vegetable specimens must be displayed on a paper plate, unless otherwise specified.
9. All horticulture will be judged according to the “Ontario Judging and Exhibition Standards” for Horticulture and Floral Design, Publication 34/2003
1st $2.50 2nd $2.25 3rd $2.00
Bulbs, Corms, Tubers
All Prize Money ~ donated by Brooklin IDA ~
All Prize Money ~ donated by Young’s Water Systems ~
Note: Please refer to publication 34, pages 68-73 For Guidelines for Showing Vegetables
First Prize of $3 ~ donated by YOUNG’S WATER SYSTEM INC. ~
Note: See Publication 34 for suitable # and suggestions.
1st $7.00 2nd $6.00 3rd $5.00
First prize gift certificate of $25.00 towards fresh cut flowers ~ donated by Brooklin Floral and Garden Shoppe ~
1st $9.00 2nd $7.00 3rd $5.00
All Prize Money ~ donated by The Brooklin Horticultural Society ~
Exhibitor with the most points for Class 1200 will receive
A $25 Gift Certificate ~ donated by The Brooklin Floral and Garden Shoppe ~
For a full list of Homecraft Rules please visit here.
If you have any questions about Homecraft please send us an e-mail at email@example.com